Tuesday 20 April 2010

Responses - Smoking

Sam-
I would probably still be a smoker if it wasn't for the government making it illegal to smoke in clubs etc. It ruined my life that bloody law did let me tell you! I completely agree with your point about it being humiliating in circumstances like the one you found yourself in. Smokers used to be left to their own devices, with no problems, yet as soon as this law came in, they were seen as scum who had to be hidden around the back of buildings or clubs, heaven forbid smokers should tarnish the name of these establishments!
I never pictured myself quitting, I genuinely always thought I would continue smoking until I die, just like my Nan did, but I did quit, and I am glad that I did. But give me an alcoholic beverage and you'll spot me standing outside a pub puffing away on a ciggie, usually freezing my tits off!
It almost seems as if the government are trying to punish smokers for providing them with so much moolar over the years, after all, the taxes on cigarettes earn them more than anything else!

Audrey Hepburn is the kind of woman every woman should aspire to be, in my opinion anyway!
Yes, I agree with you that quitting smoking is incredibly difficult, the weight gain is a particular pain in the arse. But then again, it all depends on the individual concerned. I had attempted to quit smoking many times during my time as a permanent smoker, with no success. Yet as soon as it came to me getting engaged and seriously thinking about preparing my body for carrying children, I just stopped. Literally. Although, every now and then (as I pointed out above) I have a few sneaky ciggies with alcohol, but to me, smoking socially is not that big a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment