Wednesday 5 May 2010

Two responses...

Jamie

That girl was so full of shit. The closest to my face that I have had a tattoo is behind my ear but I've watched people have their faces tattooed. I had to hold one woman's head still while she had hers done. If that bird had 'fallen asleep' I guarantee she would have woken up pretty fucking quickly as soon as the needles went into her skin.

I am slightly offended by the title of your blog though. I have to completely disagree with you, and it isn't just because I have tattoos myself. I disagree because tattooing is a form of artwork. As I said in my blog on the subject, those with tattoos just simply choose to use their skin as their canvasses for their stories.

Tattoos can look worse as you get older, and I say CAN. If you look after your skin, then you are less likely to get wrinkles therefore prolonging the life of your tattoos. Tattooing has changed so much from what it used to be. My stepdad has awful tattoos that were done on him when he was my age, and the only reason why they have gone the way they have is because no one knew how to look after them properly in those days.


I don't get offended when people say that they hate tattoos. But I completely disagree with people who say that it is awful ink. As I said in my response to Jamie, tattoos are works of art, not inky messes. Yes girls who have the same tattoo as Cheryl Cole will very much so regret it in probably 2 years, as they will look at it and realise just how shit it actually is. And those who have their boyfriend/girlfriends names tattooed on them just deserve for the relationship to go wrong anyway, for being so fucking stupid as to become someone's property.
I think what most people who don't have tattoos don't realise is that people with tattoos are as disgusted with some other tattoos as they are. Some people who call themselves tattooists need to be locked up for the appalling work in which they do on people, and the people who continue to go to these 'scratchers' deserve all of the shit tattoos they get.
I don't think that celebrities can be entirely blamed for the upsurge in people choosing to get tattoos. I for one have never said that I want tattoos just because a celebrity has them. You'll actually find that most tattooed people abhor celebrity tattoo fiends!


No comments:

Post a Comment